Wednesday 13 January 2016

Semester 1, Year 2 recap


I am so glad that the final examination is finally over. The hectic and stress since a month ago is finally lift off from my shoulder. Degree life is no joke, especially when it comes to Computer Science (not that I am biased or anything but I am pretty sure every programme has their own difficulties as well). I had thoughts of giving up when the light at the end of the tunnel seems very dim. But thanks to my coursemate ofcourse, nothing is impossible.

A month before final exam is when the struggle is real. You have to juggle between assignment(S), test(S), quiz(ES), project(S) and also to add the cherry on top preparing yourself for presentation(S). Not that I have problem with presentation since I have been doing it literally ever since primary school (p.s: we won the Sarawak State Level Solar Car Race due to our charming and excellent presentation). But the point is, to juggle ourselves between all of this is tiring. I dont even have time to think about blogging (!). Also, I secretly believe that all of our lecturers decided to agree on the same due date for all of the subjects project.

This was being uploaded by my faculty dean.

Project(S) for Computer Science student is not easy, we have to do programming (as if this alone is not difficult enough), report writing, documentation, and even presentation. I mean programming alone is already hard, but the meticulousness needed in doing the report, documentation and also presentation is silly. I dont even think it's necessary since in the end, the assessment is based on the functionality of the system during the demonstration.

I am pretty sure that the students will benefit this one month semester break as much as I do. I need to fix my sleeping pattern and also my eyebags. Not forgetting to reset my goals and to plan more and more on efficient time management for me.

No joke, I was very depressive. 

Overall, I have to say that every semester it is getting tougher. There is no time for error. I have approximately 5 semester left till graduation. That is if I finished my programme on time. Fingers crossed for another hectic semester. My sleeping pattern has been officially fxcked lately. I need proper sleep. This is no fun at all. 

With love,
THE STRUGGLING STUDENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE.

1 comment :