Thursday 21 January 2016

A Trip to Kuala Lumpur: Juara Parodi


I’m living in a rental house with no TV and Astro. In other word, I was living under the rock with no updates on TV show or whatsoever. Replaying all of Gossip Girl series on my laptop is my source of entertainment. Once in a while, a movie in cinema is vital for me to have my share of the latest movie updates. I honestly never heard of Juara Parodi but to be given a chance by Astro to attend one of its live performance was a good opportunity for me to catch up with a bit of Malay entertainment.


Friday the 15th, was the night were we headed over to Shah Alam Theatre to watch the performances by all of the participating artists. I had no clue or whatsoever about this show so I did not have much expectation but going into the theatre really hit me (a reality slap) that this show was a huge deal. The theme of the week was “Cinta” and the special word that has to be incorporated in the performances was “Ultraman”. It was quite funny seeing how they incorporate and fulfil the requirements needed to deliver their performance alongside the change of genre.


That night, it was the semi final week. 7 teams are still up to get into the final concert. I must say that the concept of this show is still new to me and I quite enjoy it. It was different. The 7 teams remaining was Mawi & the Loyar, Abang Face, Selamba Blur, Kobis Pedas, Righthanded, Black dot Chey and Slumber Blur. As for us, the media from Borneo, we were rooting for Mawi & the Loyar but to be disappointed in the end that they could not make it to the final.


I must say that the crowd was really wild. The supporters are definitely crazy (a good kind of crazy) about the show. What you see on screen was the polite kind of cheering version in the theatre. It was wild whenever commercial break or better yet before the show starts. They were basically doing a cheer war and I was terrified in case they kill each other or something. Just kidding.


Dato’ Zainal Abidin songs were being parody that night. It was indeed a golden moment to look at his face as the performers “destroyed” all of his songs. But in the end he came to rescue and revived his songs back to life by performing a few number of his evergreen songs.


Now back to the performances, I was quite intrigued with the performance by Selamba Blur when the genre was being changed to Ngajat. I can’t express how excited I was since oh well, I am a bit of typical Sarawakian myself.


Only 5 group get to go to the final round of Juara Parodi and they are Abang Face, Selamba Blur, Juri, Kobis Pedas, and Righthanded. Don’t forget to tune in into Astro Warna (132) or Astro Mustika HD (134) for this week final concert (Friday, 10 p.m.) and see who will win the title of Juara Parodi and bringing home the prize of RM 300,000

No comments :

Post a Comment