Monday 19 October 2015

Food Review; Aurora Court Saturday Buffet

Don’t know where to eat on a Saturday night? Head over to Merdeka Palace Hotel and Suites!


On the 17th of October, I was invited over for a food tasting again at Merdeka Palace Hotel and Suites, but this time is for their Aurora Saturday Dinner Buffet. The name says it all, every Saturday until further notice at the Aurora Court (Ground Floor) of Merdeka Palace Hotel and Suites is where the buffet is. This is the second time I was invited over and I was pretty much excited since the food never disappoint me.

The Aurora Court has a very laid back French restaurant feel to it. The ambiance is exquisite I must say. Here’s a few picture of the court that I fell in love with.





Now back to the buffet! The western and local delights are available for your choosing. Let’s start with the appetizers. If you’re feeling a little bit western, you can choose by making your own salad with the dressing of your choice. Or, if you’re feeling a local, try some of the rojak or even ulam with sambal belacan. Yes they have sambal belacan in a hotel buffet!





Proceed over to the Mongolian BBQ station (YOU SHOULD/MUST TRY THIS) , they basically do live cooking station as well, where you can choose your own ingredients (chicken, squid,fish fillet,beef,chicken frank, cocktail sausage and a wide variety of vegetables) and ask them to cook it for you. Mongolian style of course. I cant get enough of the taugeh tho. I am basically a taugeh-addict. Not forgetting the grill station, I love how they grilled the fish and chicken that I had. It was well cooked, just the beef is a bit over cooked but I’m loving the chewey-ness of it.





Moving on to some of the heavy dishes, they have nasi ayam station. Well, who doesnt love nasi ayam? I tried the fried rice with a bit of every lauk. First up, the Wok Fried Chicken Kung Po - my favourite! I love the taste of the sauce and the chicken. It was really good. Even recommended a blogger to try it! The Ikan Goreng Masak Kicap taste a bit familiar, like duh its a local dish so I have no comment on it since I had a lot of Ikan Goreng Masak Kicap at home as well. The fish are firm so it is a good sign shows that the fishes are fresh. Next on the plate is the Braised Mutton with Massalla Spice and Tomato. This one taste so good. But too bad I cant get more of it since I have high blood pressure or else I might end up with a headache.



As for the carving station, this time around they served Hickory Smoked Lamb Shoulder, Rotisserie Chicken and Duck. Which are the highlight of this buffet. It’s in middle of the Aurora court alongside with the Ais Kacang, Fruits and Ice-Cream station. One of my favourite is the variety of desserts available. It taste so good, that I pick almost everything they served. Can’t help my sweet tooth cravings!







For your information, Aurora Saturday Dinner Buffet is available only on every Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.30pm. The price is RM86 per adult and 50% off for child (5-12 years old).

For more inquiries and details do contact 082-258000 ext 8061 (Aurora Court) or F&B Office ext 8004 (8.30 a.m. till 5.00 p.m.)


Thanks for the warm welcome! Will come back again soon!

1 comment :