Saturday 6 June 2015

Decorating your boring college room.

So how was it people? I know, the college dormitory might not live up to your expectation but look on the bright side, you could always do something about it. I'm a bit of a Tumblr inspired kind of person, I used to scroll down my Tumblr or WeHeartIt looking at decorated room photos so basically ideas came rushing to my brain to decorate my college room.

A lot of my friend know my so called "interior designing" skills when it comes to decorating my college room. It all started since Asasi and continued till then.

Back in Asasi, I have a thing for fairy lights and instax photos. And here it goes;


On the walls are posters on Audrey Hepburn, Twiggy, Keep Calm (it was trending back then so don't judge me) and also a motivation quotation to keep me motivated when studying. I love love love my study table back then and it was definitely a main attraction in my room. Imagine yourself feeling so down during the day and get back to this is pure heaven. Days passed and your taste in things changed, well mine does. I have a bipolar issues with myself. 

Moving on from Asasi and then there comes Degree, I have clean slate to decorate the room with and I was really excited for it but little do I know that the room was such a @*&$@!(&!)&)!$!. Pardon my French. At first, I was like "What the (*$@*$ kind of room is this?". I was complaining and whining on Twitter the whole day and then one day it just hit me. Well, after a round of listening to Drown by Bring Me The Horizon, I've decided to scroll down Tumblr and WeHeartIt for some depressive looking bedroom ideas and tada, here is the outcome!



Getting a new room is like getting a new sketch book, you can do whatever you want with it.But sadly, I no longer live here. Lulz, currently I'm sharing a room with 3 roommates so I dont bother to decorate it heavily, just some minor touches here and then.

So here are the tips to make your room look better or nicer;

  1. Keep it tidy and clean.
  2. Login/Sign up to Tumblr or WeHeartIt for inspiration.
  3. DIY stuffs/tutorial online 
  4. Filters :P
And currently I have an obsession with lanterns, so yeah. 


No comments :

Post a Comment